Friday, September 27, 2013

As I ride around on life's track, seemingly grounded, I carefully navigate obstacles and manage any perceived disorder. At a certain point, a realization begins to sink in that my entire life is merely running on a small piece of familiarity that drifts in open space, getting knocked about by equally aimless others clinging to their own individual groundings. Ever more apparent is that no matter how I manipulate my own path, it can never fully be controlled as it struggles against entropy within its own context.

Yet there are moments of sudden calm where, clinging to my reality, a clear line of sight appears into the open window of another floating by, who is also on this journey. We align, if only for a short while. 'I am here; I existed,' we acknowledge to one another.

Even if it's for a moment, that window into another seems to spark the dormant fuse inside us that validates our existence. And then we are thrown our own way again.

And it happens continually.

Welcome to my window.


No comments:

Post a Comment